JOB TITLE: Maintenance Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Administration & Operations
STATUS: Non-exempt, Full-Time
AGENCY SUMMARY: reStart Inc.’s mission is to provide housing and services to homeless youth, families, men, and women to end homelessness in our community. With an operating budget of $7 million and a staff of 80, reStart serves more than 20,000 adults, families with children and unaccompanied youth annually.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Administration & Operations the Maintenance Coordinator provides maintenance coordination and support to the shelter building at 918 E 9th Street in KCMO and the Housing Solutions Center at 1444 E 8th Street in KCMO including the surrounding grounds. This position is instrumental in providing a clean and well maintained environment for reStart, Inc. and its clients, volunteers, employees, and guests.
CREDENTIALS SOUGHT: Plumbing, electrical, and maintenance experience required. Previous experience with maintenance at an apartment complex or other multi-family housing environment a plus. Ability to use a computer, tablet, or smart phone a plus.
- Evaluate maintenance requests and prioritize with the approval of supervisor
- Evaluate reStart’s building systems and determine schedule for on-going maintenance and preferred replacement dates. Maintain a spreadsheet or database with scheduled service and replacement dates for all major systems.
- Walk through building regularly to check for needed repairs, follow up on completion of work orders, ensure cleanliness standards are followed, and to ensure building is fully functional and operational.
- Perform minor electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, and other minor repairs and fixes throughout building.
- Perform occasional painting, wall repairs, patching, etc. to ensure building is maintained at a high standard.
- Working in coordination with reStart’s other maintenance workers, ensure the following work is performed by combination of all maintenance staff:
- Maintain the entrance, exit ways, and offices.
- Cleaning duties including the lobby, basement, public restrooms, common spaces, etc. and ensuring restroom supplies are fully stocked.
- Empty the trash and sweep/ mop in staff offices and on the first floor.
- Assist with stocking and distributing maintenance supplies.
- Responsible for turning in the list of supplies that are running low.
- Keep maintenance room clean and informing supervisor of any deficiencies in tools or supplies.
- Clean reStart’s fleet of five vehicles both inside and out.
- Change batteries in smoke detectors.
- Assist with moving furniture, carrying boxes, loading and unloading vehicles for deliveries, and other lifting duties.
- Assist with assembling bed frames, ‘ready to assemble” furniture for client rooms, and other assembly duties
- Grass cutting and snow removal.
- Clean elevator tracks daily.
- Assist contractors at all sites.
- Clean vacant units after clients move out
- Other work as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be able to read and write and comprehend the English language in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, colleagues, and clients in reStart’s “housing first” client-centered environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Drug and alcohol free required.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check will be administered.
- Must be willing to submit to random drug testing according to State and Federal requirements.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive
- Maintenance worker will be on call for emergencies
Shifts are 7am-3pm and 9am-5pm.
Regular schedule will be determined prior to hiring.
Maintenance staff may be asked to work Sunday and/ or Saturday as part of his/her normal work schedule or on occasion if the need arises. Schedule changes will be communicated in as much advance notice as possible.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made in order to perform the essential functions. This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of reStart Inc. departments, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and duties are subject to change at any time.
reStart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in candidates for employment. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vet.