Assistant Commercial Property Manager
Assist in management of the day to day activities on a large single tenant commercial office portfolio consisting of several office buildings. Work to maintain good tenant relations, manage small projects, perform vendor contract administration, and update/manage documentation efforts.
Candidates will expand their knowledge and skill in the areas of physical facilities/property management, tenant relations, and income/expense management while working with an assigned Property Manager.
- Perform regular inspections for properties; complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual inspections as required.
- Coordinate and oversee project/repair work as directed to ensure timely and accurate completion of all projects.
- Assist with bidding, negotiating, and managing vendor contracts in accordance with client requirements and purchasing of maintenance supplies and equipment
- Help with development of operating and capital budgets
- Participate in team meetings and ensure effective communication between property management team members in order to achieve client’s goals and objectives
- Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants, external clients, and internal clients
- Assist with LEED/green building related programs and documentation
- Assist with safety program requirements and documentation
- Be available as needed on a rotating basis to perform on-call duties and maintain a status of active communication
Qualifications (KEY COMPETENCIES)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication proficiency (oral and written)
- Ability to problem solve, analyze and prioritize.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals, including both employees and vendors
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience) preferred
- 1-2 years of real estate property management or related experience
Optional Eligibility Qualifications
- CPM, RPA, or CSM designation or in process
- Real estate license
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Travel outside of Kansas City is not required.
Email you resume to