The Assistant Property Manager (APM) is responsible for providing support to the Property Manager(s) in all areas of management for the assigned properties to include maintenance, tenant relations, collections, monthly reporting, annual budgeting, risk management, property improvements, preparation of contracts, collection of certificates of insurance, sales collection and accounts payables. The APM must possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Assist PM with preparation and submittal of Quarterly Reports and Budgets and ensure all deadlines are met as required by client.
- Follow up with property accountants on Manual Billing Adjustments (or create the MBA’s) as needed per modifications.
- Communicate with Property Accountants and A/R person to ensure all unapplied cash is applied prior to cash cut-off to maximize Property Management fee and ensure accurate statements.
- Monthly A/R collections and follow-up as directed by PM.
- Review Reconciliations with PM for approval and ensure proper mailing of year-end reconciliations. Work with tenants on questions regarding the reconciliations once mailed and follow up on payments.
- Processing payables in a timely manner.
- Run reports such as Rent Rolls, AR reports, Renewal Option reports, etc. and post as requested. Upload or download items from Files Anywhere and the Client SharePoint Sites.
- Collection and entry of sales in the accounting system or excel spreadsheets and running the sales reports.
- Keep track of Real Estate Taxes due dates; ensure checks are processed and mailed by due dates. Follow up to ensure payments were received and processed by the tax authorities.
- Set up new Tenant files and organize per client’s instructions including filing.
- Mailing of Tenant statements. Assist tenants with any questions/issues regarding their statement.
- Prepare letters for new tenants such as Possession letters, Commencement Date Certification, Rent Commencement letters, etc.
- Request new vendor set up and updates.
- Assist with tenant issues or maintenance calls including follow up.
- Maintain/Update Emergency Response Manuals or create for new properties.
- Maintenance of property information spreadsheets; including tenant contact, vendor Contract Tracking, Vendor COIs, and building contacts.
- Update utility tracking reports.
- Assist PM to coordinate tenant improvement and capital projects.
- Assist with Acquisition and Disposition processes.
- Set up new vendor files and maintain as required by client.
- Tenant Insurance tracking
- Maintain vendor COIs and follow up on those that are not correct, lacking coverage and expiring.
- Prepare incident reports and communicate with the insurance company when needed.
- Minimum: Associate’s Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum: 3 years open air experience
- Preferred: Experience in commercial property management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- In depth understanding of financial aspects of property performance.
- Must be customer focused.
- Be able to plan and competency using Microsoft Office, navigating the internet, and general use of personal computer.
- Minimum: Willingness to take the necessary classes to achieve the Real Estate License.
- Preferred: Real Estate License
SEND RESUMES TO: email@example.com